Word/ Phrase Index
Portals and Postcards (pre-bytes)
The following list of pre-byte concepts/ phrases and vocabulary is one of the maps that emerged from the first Mapping Meeting on Monday 17 July (see schedule).
Touch/ Portals and Postcards
- Experiential testing remote communication between spaces as a performer.
- [Isabelle Choiniere/ Cathy Weis]
- Comparing and contrasting with audience's experience, reading, understanding, feeling, etc.
- Breaking audience/ performer barriers
- Presence / Intimacy, telepresence, etc.
- Improvisation / Human and Machines - in terms of instructionsá
- Feedback Loops // Interactivity (and not reactive)
- Sensor Environments - dancer's body knowledge? - learning about those spaces.
- "How we experience Technology"
Materials: Frames and Forms (space)
- Cause and Effect - testing out play between the media and actual spaces
- Optical/ Illusion: scale and perspective, close-ups, contrasting shadows, layering projections, perspective (appearing/ disappearing), layering shadows, silhouettes, etc.
- Getting Rid of the Squares/ the Frame - edges, etc.
- Movement Material -- Condensing and Miniature Spaces
- Digital spaces/ webspace
Materials: timelines and cuing (time)
- Feedback loops/ degradation/ machine processes
- Data streams
- Movement Material -- looping
Narratives: telling stories
- Use of character and costume
- Models: film trailers á shorts of all types.
- Models: parodies of short advertisements
- Movement POSTCARDS for the Net - what do you want to write on it.
- Overall Structures/ sequencing of the whole
- Miniature Spaces - tiny sites
Process: Analog or Digital Play (the creativity of maths)
- Data streams, generative ideas, instruction sets, meta-channels
- Basing Improvisation/ generating movement from POSTCARDS, etc.
- Beginning to share material and other metaphors
- Simple instructions that lead to complex results --- DNA
- Materials/ Methods/ Structure/ Form
- Coherence of Material within the bytes
Body as the site/ conduit/ portal/ passageway/ location
- Distorted body, traces of the body, cyborgs/ cybernetics (human machine)
- Representing Body Through Data
- Medical Information/ Knowledge/ Data
- Creating Internal spaces: portal or passageways
- Writing on the body/ Inscription - turns into STYLE (Jay)
- More holistic body thinking into body/ technology
- Body Memory --- through movement á
- Impact of VR on bodies over time ??
- Disorientation // Distraction //